The Global Alliance for Women's Health (GAWH) is committed to advancing women's health in all stages of life and at all policy levels through health promotion, education, advocacy, and program implementation.
GAWH Participates in the 2011 Gateway to Africa Conference
Current Areas of Interest
Diabetes and Women
- Learn what the world's leading experts are saying about diabetes and women! Read the summary and expert recommendations for policy action from our expert meeting on Diabetes, Women, & Development
- Find out what GAWH is doing to address diabetes
- View our film on women and diabetes in developing countries (45.3 MB)
- Read the proceedings for GAWH symposium: Diabetes and Pregnancy throughout the World (doc)
- View a focal point of GAWH's advocacy, the landmark UN Diabetes Resolution.
Recent United Nations (UN) Publications
- Explore United Nations (UN) and World Health Assembly (WHA) resolutions and outcomes on health.
- GAWH's 2010 Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) High-level Segment written statement on "Women and non-communicable diseases"
2009/2010 GAWH Symposia & Initiatives
- GAWH's public-private partnership advocacy model
- Key Facts on Women and Diabetes (PDF)
- Follow-up Report to the ECOSOC Ministerial Declaration - HTML | PDF
- 06 Jul 2009 - Diabetes and Pregnancy: A Public Health Issue
- 19 May 2009 - Gender, Health, and Diabetes Symposium Summary
Current Events: The United Nations (UN) and Women
- GEAR Press Release, "President of UN General Assembly receives global petition for urgent establishment of stronger UN women’s agency" 17 June 2010.