The Global Alliance for Women's Health (GAWH) is committed to advancing women's health in all stages of life and at all policy levels through health promotion, education, advocacy, and program implementation. GAWH both promotes and implements women’s health care research and service improvements at local, national, and international levels by collaborating with governmental and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the private sector, academics, and individual citizens from all regions of the world.
Our Guiding Principles
- Women's health is a continuum from infancy through old age
- All stages of this continuum have unique health care needs
- Women's health care has been underserved and under-attended throughout the world
- Long-term initiatives and commitments are needed in order to forge alliances and collaborative programs across the globe
- Partnering among the public-private sector is necessary in order to provide effective health care and research for women worldwide